Learn more about the University of California, its contributions and the annual budget process and become a more informed — and more effective — advocate for UC.
Each year, the Regents' Budget for the University of California is submitted to the state Legislature as a component of the governor's overall budget package. The Regents' Budget is a request for the entire UC system that includes both operating and capital-improvements budget items. The University's Budget News Web site offers a host of resources to help you understand the UC budget process, including the 2012-13 summary of the Regents' budget proposal, common myths and facts about the budget process, and news updates on the status of the year's funding.
- Campuses Respond to Budget Actions (PDF)
- Speeches and Statements from UC President Mark Yudof
- Budget Basics (PDF)
- Budget Myths & Facts (PDF)
- College Affordability (PDF)
- Diversity (PDF)
- Economic Impact (PDF)
- Employee Compensation (PDF)
- Financial Aid (PDF)
- Impacts (PDF)
- Nonresident (PDF)
- Tips for Meeting with Your Legislators (PDF)